- This event has passed.
September 29, 2018 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
This workshop is designed to assist people in understanding the underlying causes of addiction and how best to support those experiencing addiction issues. We examine the different impacts of addiction on the person, family and wider community. Then look at ways of how to support, encourage and motivate change and to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Students will learn:
- What is an addiction and how its effects the brain.
- The different types of substance and non‐substance abuse and their harmful effects.
- The underlying issues that may be causing the dependency.
- The different methods/techniques to create change and supporting the recovery process.
- How to respond to different situations that may arise .
- How to maintain hope and be effective in your role.
Everyone can benefit from this workshop, especially those who have friends/family suffering from addiction or those interested in pursuing a career in the industry.
Saturday, September 29, 2018
San Marcos Campus, Room MD-103