Palomar College Learning For Success
Menu

Milly

My name is Calomira, but just call me “Miss Milly.” I am first-generation of Greek immigrants; English is my second language. I am the first female of my entire family to graduate from college: San Diego State University (SDSU) (1968—1972). It was the height of the Vietnam War era, with history-making political unrest and cultural revolutions, not to mention the fabulous innovations in fashion, art, and music. (And yes, I did see Jimi Hendrix, Janice Joplin, and The Doors live in concert.) I hold a degree in Art (painting is my passion) and in English (teaching reading and writing is my vocation). I was a classroom teacher in Escondido and Oceanside schools for twenty-five years, most recently at El Camino High School, where I taught ESL test prep (CAHSEE), American Literature (11th grade) and British Literature (12th grade), and Expository Reading and Writing. Plus, I was advisor for the Black Students Union and coach for our award-winning Step Team. I just retired! I have two grown children, who received their AAs from Palomar, and a lovable yellow lab named Chevy. I look forward to helping young adults at the TLC achieve their goals in higher education.