College Theme 2017-18 • Better Together • Community Survey
What divides us?What connects us?
Click below to open a new window for you to enter your thoughts. Scroll to the bottom of the post to find the "Add Your Thoughts" box.
In the Fall of 2017, we will present an evening of short plays, dances, poetry, monologues, and art, tentatively titled Bridging What Divides Us. The intention is to use the artistic process as a mirror to society and as a laboratory of human behavior to examine the question, “How do we begin to bridge the divides that we are experiencing the world today?” The first step is to gain a broader and deeper understanding of the forces and issues that are creating such treacherous divisions. We want to know how the members of our community perceive the situation. We also hope to go beyond the most apparent divisions, which manifest in the political arena, to gain insights about divisions in all aspects of our lives. Ultimately, this project creates opportunities for dialogues about these grave issues facing us today. <br> We hope to collect your thoughts, original writing and suggestions for material including: plays • songs • poetry • found documents • art works etc.
Responses to “What Divides Us?”
- love that – Anonymous
- The problem is global banking billionaire’s and international corporate oligarchs have paid politicians off to pus. . . [more] – Thommy Kane
- Several systems prevailing in our society divide us . Race , caste , gender , discrimination is done on several grounds. . . [more] – Anonymous
- Life is hard and difficult to understand, there is a lot of thing that divides us everyone has their own opinions. – Anonymous
- I agree. – Anonymous
Responses to “What Connects Us?”
- There is a spectrum of consciousness. At one end is 100% fear and at the other end is 100% love. We all fall somewhere i . . . [more] – Nina Deerfield
- Building communities and living among one another connects us. We all have our own views and ideals and seek people with . . . [more] – Tim Evilsizer
- Empathy, tolerance, and skepticism. We’re not all going to agree, nor should we, but we can allow others to live . . . [more] – Paul
- Conversation instead of Assumption. – Connie M.
- What connects us? I believe that what connects us to our peers or anyone in particular is the common qualities or simila . . . [more] – Math 54-Gellman-Gladys Nicolas