College Theme 2017-18 • Better Together • Community Survey
What divides us?What connects us?
Click below to open a new window for you to enter your thoughts. Scroll to the bottom of the post to find the "Add Your Thoughts" box.
In the Fall of 2017, we will present an evening of short plays, dances, poetry, monologues, and art, tentatively titled Bridging What Divides Us. The intention is to use the artistic process as a mirror to society and as a laboratory of human behavior to examine the question, “How do we begin to bridge the divides that we are experiencing the world today?” The first step is to gain a broader and deeper understanding of the forces and issues that are creating such treacherous divisions. We want to know how the members of our community perceive the situation. We also hope to go beyond the most apparent divisions, which manifest in the political arena, to gain insights about divisions in all aspects of our lives. Ultimately, this project creates opportunities for dialogues about these grave issues facing us today. <br> We hope to collect your thoughts, original writing and suggestions for material including: plays • songs • poetry • found documents • art works etc.
Responses to “What Divides Us?”
- Hi, i agree with Vanessa. Great Post! - Anonymous
- i think your explanation is much more justified. - kavita arora
- I have been thinking about this for a week and I keep coming back to my Chinese martial arts background. There is an ene. . . [more] - Nina Deerfield
- Our capitalistic society is designed to divide us all socioeconomically. Placing us in classes and ensuring the 1% keep. . . [more] - Tim Evilsizer
- I agree with the “assumption vs conversation” response, as opening up to one another helps to create empathy. . . [more] - Paul
Responses to “What Connects Us?”
- There is a spectrum of consciousness. At one end is 100% fear and at the other end is 100% love. We all fall somewhere i . . . [more] - Nina Deerfield
- Building communities and living among one another connects us. We all have our own views and ideals and seek people with . . . [more] - Tim Evilsizer
- Empathy, tolerance, and skepticism. We’re not all going to agree, nor should we, but we can allow others to live . . . [more] - Paul
- Conversation instead of Assumption. - Connie M.
- What connects us? I believe that what connects us to our peers or anyone in particular is the common qualities or simila . . . [more] - Math 54-Gellman-Gladys Nicolas